Assistant Buyer 11612 JJ
Application Deadline: 30th September
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual with a background in fashion buying, looking for a new challenge. My client is a trend-led, womenswear online fashion brand which also sells in concessions across a number of high street retailers.
You will work closely with your Buyer to help build ranges, negotiate prices and delivery dates, manage the critical path and liaise with your suppliers/factories on all day to day queries. You will also raise PO’s and distribute these to the relevant suppliers so orders can be put into work. It will be your responsibility to keep an eye on the latest trends and competitor activity and report back on your findings.
Assistant Buyer – The Role:
- Reporting into your Buyer you will assist in selecting/buying products for trend-led womenswear fashion brand.
- Assemble new collections within ranges.
- Research into customer buying habits and predicting future trend analysis.
- Undertaking regular benchmarking/competition reporting.
- Manages suppliers in Buyer’s absence and takes appropriate course of action.
- Have a full understanding of QA processes and deadlines with reference to critical path. Provides feedback on issues and suggests solutions.
- Actively manages critical path process alongside merchandising team and progress all aspects of the critical path and providing feedback.
- Chase and approve Lab Dips and Accessories.
- Price negotiations.
- Managing the Range Plan, making sure all information is correct and is updated as and when.
- Liaising with suppliers in the Far East on a daily basis, building strong relationships and strong communication skills.
- Raise PO’s.
Assistant Buyer – The Person:
- Ideal candidates will come from a Buying background – be it within a brand or retail
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience is required.
- Previous experience in fast fashion womenswear is essential.
- You must have a genuine, keen interest in young, fast fashion and following the latest trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential and candidates must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- I am looking for a true self-starter who thrives in a result driven, creative environment.
- You must have the confidence and the ability to negotiate with suppliers and proactively drive the business forward.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise is essential.
- An understanding of a retail business or concession business would be extremely beneficial.
- Candidates must have experience working with targets and KPIs.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/SZt34XZ7LKkEBwNsN