Assistant Professor / Research Assistant Professor in Fashion and Textile Technology (Ref. 19081902)
The appointee will be required to:
- teach and contribute to curriculum development at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels and supervise research students;
- initiate, lead and participate in research, consultancy and other scholarly activities leading to publications in refereed journals and/or exhibitions, and awards of research grants; and
- undertake academic and departmental administrative duties.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD degree in Fashion and Textile Technology or related disciplines;
- relevant post-qualification research experience (as supported by evidence of research projects and outputs), and relevant teaching experience;
- sound knowledge of university teaching and/or research experience in knitting and/or weaving; previous experience in fashion and textile technology at international level will have an advantage;
- solid research and publication record in high quality scholarly journals or strong potential to publish in top-tier refereed journals, and good potential in bidding for research grants and establishing significant externally funded research programmes;
- strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research and professional service; and
- excellent communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
Preference will be given to those who have strong research orientation and a good teaching record.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for appointment at the level of Research Assistant Professor and the job duty requirements and expectation would be in line with the appointed grade.
Please visit the website at http://www.itc.polyu.edu.hk for more information about the Institute.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Appointment for Research Assistant Professor (with remuneration package same as that for an Assistant Professor) will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract for up to three years. Re‑engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of Assistant Professor in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please send a completed application form to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/forms.php. If a separate curriculum vitae is to be provided, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Consideration of applications will commence in mid-September 2019 until the position is filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/pics.php.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.