Assistant Technical Merchandiser 11655 AA
Application Deadline: 30th November
This Assistant Merchandiser job opportunity seeks to recruit experience in merchandising/production and a technical understanding of the product development and approvals process. You will be part of a growing lifestyle brand recognised for their effortless clothing and accessories. Ability to work and adapt to an evolving business is essential.
Assistant Technical Merchandiser – The Job Description:
Part of busy team, to assist and support the Production Manager, the role will include:
- Critical path monitoring and instigating remedial action.
- Communicating comments on samples, strike offs and bulk fabric to overseas suppliers on a daily basis.
- Assisting with fit sessions, creations of measurements charts, graded specs and feeding back comments on for SMS, shipping and production samples to suppliers.
- Proposing improvement to constructions, fits or even materials and print techniques.
- Supplying manufacturers with information including bar codes and packaging, and ensuring they are correctly applied.
- Approving artworks for care labels, barcodes and additional branding.
- Chasing salesmen’s pre-production and shipping samples by regular contact with suppliers.
- Negotiating and recording discounts and upcharges agreed with suppliers along with all supplier terms.
- Expediting bulk deliveries and checking bulk production once arrival in warehouse.
- Contributing to marketing material; including web site descriptions
- Recording and updating product information records, for warehouse and sales teams.
- Maintaining a database of ethical reports and ensuring that each supplier provides comfort on ethical trading
- Monitoring faulty products, identifying common/recurring faults and taking appropriate action
- Checking invoices for suppliers and approving them for payment or resolving differences in the absence of the production manager.
- Communicating with freight forwarders to ensure deliveries are on track and escalate any issues to senior management in absence of production manager.
Assistant Technical Merchandiser – The Person Specification:
- This position is open a background in garment technical/product development or a merchandising/production background, as in a smaller head office you have the opportunity to be involved in a hybrid role.
- A degree in fashion and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in the industry
- Highly proficient IT Microsoft Office ie. Excel skills, and ideally a knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Good understanding of garment construction and awareness of costing
- Ability to monitor and progress chase with factories, sampling and production.
- Managing multiple tasks under pressure and to achieve deadlines.
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident communicator: strong written and verbal
- Negotiation skills are essential.
- Understanding of fabrics, trims and print techniques
The successful candidate will be a brand ambassador!
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.