Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Fashion Design
INSTITUTE OF TEXTILES AND CLOTHING
The Institute of Textiles and Clothing is a constituent unit of the Faculty of Applied Science and Textiles, the pioneer of tertiary education in textiles and clothing in Hong Kong and the leading centre for education and research in the textile and clothing field in the region. Please visit the website at http://www.itc.polyu.edu.hk for more information about the Institute.
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Fashion Design (two posts)
The appointees will be required to:
- teach at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels and supervise research students;
- lead curriculum development of fashion design;
- initiate, lead and engage in research, consultancy and other scholarly activities leading to publications in exhibitions and/or in top-tier refereed journals, and awards of research grants; and
- lead academic and departmental committees.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD degree in Fashion Design or related disciplines;
- sound knowledge of university teaching and/or research/industrial experience in fashion design, knitwear design, menswear design, occasion wear design, pattern making, prototyping or related areas; previous experience at international level will have an advantage;
- an established track record in research scholarship, including exhibitions, production designs of high level or in high quality scholarly journals, competitive external grants and postgraduate supervisions;
- strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research and professional service; and
- excellent communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
Applicants are expected to submit their fashion design portfolios including copies of ten samples of their artwork in CD format with a brief description of the artwork together with the completed application.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for appointment at the level of Assistant Professor and the job duty requirements and expectation would be in line with the appointed grade.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. An appropriate term will be provided for appointments at Associate Professor level. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of academic staff in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please submit application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax at (852) 2764 3374; or by mail to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong. If you would like to provide separate curriculum vitae, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/forms.php. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled. Initial consideration of applications will commence in mid-August 2017. The University Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/pics.php