Application Deadline: 30th September
We’re currently looking for a Buyer to join our fast paced and dynamic Homeware team to cover a period of maternity leave. You’ll be responsible for creating and promoting a range of Bedroom products for each season, in order to achieve sales, stock and margin targets for the department.
- Co-ordinate both the look and style of the full range of the Bedroom department.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential suppliers, attending trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips as and when required.
- Work closely with the Merchandising team to propose ranges/products for marketing campaigns and events, including ‘The Show’, following the key looks driven by Marketing.
- Prepare and present to Heads of department and Directors at range selection and sign off meetings.
- Plan product launches in line with divisional launch dates and ensure the ranges land on time by effectively managing the junior team and critical path.
- Manage and develop the team, an Assistant and Trainee Assistant Buyer, setting and managing objectives alongside day to day distribution of workload.
- Negotiate costs with supply base on new and core products to meet BIM requirements.
- Create the strategy for the department alongside the Merchandising team to fit in with divisional KPIs.
This role is offered on a fixed term, temporary contract to cover maternity leave.
- Proven experience in a Junior Buyer or Buyer role, within Homewares
- Knowledge of current Bedroom & Homeware market and trends
- Ability to think commercially and strategically
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills
- High level of personal effectiveness
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK and a growing online presence, working for Matalan is exciting, collaborative, challenging and fun!
You’ll receive an in-depth 2 day induction with exposure to all aspects of the business alongside an excellent benefits package including a holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, L&G pension, 20% company discount and the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. You’ll also have access to our award winning learning & development platform, Matalan Education (Me.) to support your on-going career growth to become the best you can be.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/5iSRvTA7oa2YRruBx