Application Deadline: 31st January
We’re currently looking for Buyers to join our fast paced and dynamic teams across Home or Footwear & Accessories.
You’ll be responsible for creating and promoting a range of products for each season, in order to achieve sales, stock and margin targets for the relevant department.
- Co-ordinate both the look and style of the full range of the department, working with the Designer to agree on both mood and story boards for translation into product.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential suppliers, attending trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips as and when required.
- Work closely with Merchandising to propose ranges/products for marketing campaigns and events, including ‘The Show’, following the key looks driven by Marketing.
- Prepare and present to Heads of department and Directors at range selection and sign off meetings.
- Plan product launches in line with divisional launch dates and ensure the ranges land on time by effectively managing the junior team and critical path.
- Manage and develop a team of Junior, Assistant and Trainee Buyers, setting and managing objectives alongside day to day distribution of workload.
- Negotiate costs with supply base on new and core products to meet BIM requirements.
- Create the strategy for the department alongside the Merchandising team to fit in with divisional KPIs.
We’ve currently 3 roles available:
- Bed & Bath Buyer (permanent)
- Lighting & Furniture Buyer (maternity leave)
- Kids Footwear & Accessories Buyer (maternity leave)
- Proven experience in a Junior Buyer or Buyer role, within Home retail
- Experience in the relevant product areas would be advantageous
- Knowledge of current retail market and trends
- Ability to think commercially and strategically
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills
- High level of personal effectiveness
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/33KpHJSYJ2nWGK4mH