Costing Executive 11618 AA
Application Deadline: 31st October
We are recruiting for a Costing and Business Case Executive to work as part of the product life cycle to ensure garments are manufactured to the highest quality in the most cost effective way possible. Part of the Supply Chain Team, you will manage multiple stakeholders, attending project meetings and negotiating with suppliers. Experience within fashion or textiles industry is essential.
Costing Executive – The Job Opportunity:
- Compilation of style level garment costs and conduct comparison
- Attending relevant project meetings and updating the group on progress
- Contact manufacturers and stockists to obtain costs, and enter into price negotiations as required
- Validation of any supply base capacity and lead-time considerations
- Developing and maintaining spreadsheets, formulas and database applications, to present costs in relevant formats
- Maintenance of the central supplier cost database
- Generation of the initial critical path, to manage delivery of fabric developments, garment samples
- Presentation of alternative costing scenarios, given the requirements of the project brief
Costing Executive – Candidate Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar position working with garment make up/costings and building costs to a landed price. A knowledge of procurement or tender negotiations would be advantageous.
- Confident understanding of the garment construction process and ways to make garment cost effective.
- Direct experience in supplier negotiations, and to meet design requirements.
- Experience managing relationships, communications and negotiations with fabric suppliers, mills and garment manufacturers
- A confident communicator (verbal and written)
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability to quickly weigh up alternative solutions.
- Highly competent IT (Excel) and a knowledge of PLM/PDM
- A team player to support colleagues and to manage and organise your own workload, working to tight deadlines.
- Most importantly, you should have a great sense of humour, an optimistic outlook and a take great enjoyment and pride from your work. You will be working with highly experienced and passionate colleagues who create a great team environment to work in.
Costing Executive – Location & Benefits:
- Head Office is located close to M1/M42 and connecting roads to East & West Midlands and Staffordshire.
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday + potential additional half day per month.
Please apply with your updated CV quoting our reference: 11618 AA.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/6uabEMfu56gTtxwSA