Fabric Technologist 11724 AA
Application Deadline: 29th February
Part of a busy product development team, our client is looking to recruit someone with Fabric Technical experience who would be interested in developing their career in a hybrid fabric/garment development opportunity.
Fabric Technologist – The Position:
- Contribute to the raw material and fabric sourcing strategy, driving for innovation, cost savings and enhanced performance and quality.
- Innovate and challenge product and sourcing routes in line in partnership with the design, procurement and commercial teams.
- Ensure that communication with the mills/factories is accurate and timely to aid the control of bulk deliveries and finished garments.
- Proactively engineer and advise technical adjustments to fabric composition and dyeing and finishing processes to drive down costs whilst maintaining products that are fit for purpose.
- Ensure a seamless link with the design and garment teams to enhance product delivery, costing and commerciality.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the progress of all testing, lab dips and bulk fabric for production
- To source and develop fabrics, trims and componentry, negotiate prices as required.
- Manage customer expectations through regular product meetings and reviews. Ensure that all actions have deadlines and build strong working relationships.
- Deliver activities to agreed critical path dates.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with all fabric suppliers.
- Maintain a database of Fabric standards and continuity library,
Fabric Technologist – The Candidate:
- Previous experience within the position of Fabric Technical/Fabric Technologist or similar opportunity – min of 3 years similar experience
- A good knowledge and awareness of UK/European fabric testing standards
- Experience of working with a variety of different fabric bases, jersey and woven, preferably outerwear.
- Ability to self-manage and implement standards, processes and systems and take on levels of responsibilities
- Experience of fabric sourcing, and fabric negotiations.
- Knowledge of latest fabric/textile development innovation and technology
- Understanding of how raw materials impact pricing and quality of finished products
- Confident communicator, able to across functions and liaise with stakeholders
- Ability to manage numerous and varied projects simultaneously
- Experience in setting up and manage fabric libraries, both physical and system wise
- A team-player with excellent coordination
- High level of attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Able and willing to travel internationally as required by the business
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11724 AA.