Garment Technologist 11658 KK
Application Deadline: 30th November
I am looking for a Garment Technologist for an exciting opportunity in the East Midlands, which has come about due to growth in this already well established business.
My client is a successful distributor of sport/performance apparel and accessories with their own well known in-house brand. They are looking for a Garment Technologist to add to a new division within their existing team.
Garment Technologist – The Role:
- Ensuring that garments are being produced to the required quality standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- Working closely with Design and Development to decide on the best manufacture methods and block usage.
- Working out size specifications and planning how new garments will be made up by producing initial and graded size charts.
- Monitoring the production of sample garments and initiating any changes to the product to fit manufacturing requirements.
- Liaise with UK & offshore pattern makers & sample rooms on amendments, providing technical support wherever necessary throughout the development process to ensure that all products achieve the brief, fit & quality standard.
- Working well within the Technical Team as well as being able to use your own initiative.
- Work closely with supplier base, ensuring that weekly WIP reports are maintained & correct.
- Attend weekly project meetings.
- Conducting fit sessions ensuring fit logs are maintained & updated after all fit sessions.
- Attend weekly development meeting with line managers to update on project progress or any risks to the business.
- Visits to overseas suppliers may be required.
- Arrange for garment, print or trim testing wherever necessary.
- Arrange for CE testing wherever necessary.
Garment Technologist – The Candidate:
- Ideally have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Ideally have 3+ years’ experience in similar role within industry.
- Experience of working on outerwear and/or sports/performance apparel would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.
- Ability to travel as and when required to meet with suppliers.
- Adobe Illustrator skills.
- An interest in sportswear/outdoor industry would be a bonus.
Please apply with your updated CV quoting our reference: 11658 KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/YvmP2DJvmejEWiJGX