Garment Technologist – Ref 11672 HH
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on garment technologist to join a well-established luxury brand that manufactures in the UK. You will be working at its exclusive facility based in Nottinghamshire border with Lincolnshire, working with their design and manufacturing small team.
This is an amazing opportunity for a budding garment technologist who likes to be hands-on and play an integral part in the smooth running of a small production/technical department.
Garment Technologist – The role:
- Working with the Production Manager to QC initial design samples through to production sealers, ensuring critical path deadlines are adhered to.
- Attend Fit meetings with the customer when required, actioning comments, approving lab dips, trims and other components to ensure the highest quality is maintained.
- Working with the lay planners and pattern cutters to ensure efficient fabric usage and quality is maintained.
- Liaising with offshore suppliers to ensure fabric and components arrive to meet critical path requirements and are on budget.
- Troubleshoot and actively solve issues.
- Conduct QC checks, set quality standards and ensure product meets exacting standards for this brand.
Garment Technologist – The Candidate:
- Previous experience within a similar garment technical/QC position ideally within the clothing/apparel industry.
- Sound knowledge of wovens and tailoring some understanding of luxury product would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with fabric suppliers in the UK and overseas.
- Ideally you will have confident garment construction knowledge and maybe some pattern understanding.
- Organised and accurate with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines as part of a team and independently.
- Manage and maintain an accurate critical path.
- Confident communicator.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting reference 11672 HH.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/bo2jredoaTxAAMpAZ