Application deadline: 30 April
As a Junior Buyer at Matalan, you’ll take responsibility for a particular product range from beginning to end, managing the supplier relationships, attending range planning and signoff meetings and working with the Design & Merchandising teams to land the range successfully with close support from the Buyer of the department.
- Co-ordinate the look and style of a particular product range within a dedicated area, including research and development, establishing and maintaining good relationships with existing and potential suppliers,
- Work with the Designer agreeing on both the mood and story boards for translation into product
- Attend UK & Overseas Trade Shows and regular buying trips to suppliers across the Near & Middle East, China & Bangladesh, attending and contributing to supplier meetings on current and previous ranges
- Conduct competitor shopping trips and benchmarking, identifying issues and opportunities for your range with the Buyer including prices, range width, gaps or over ranging, equipment and POS.
- Preparation for and attendance at WSSI, range selection and signoff meetings, contributing on future trends and competitor ranges
- Responsible for the sample procedure and processes for the range ensuring all goods are delivered as planned
- Successfully held an Assistant or Junior Buyer role
- Commercially focussed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work independently
- Able to travel when the business requires
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision – to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: http://www.manchesterfashion.com/jobs/hjso62qnyEgxP54TK