Product Assurance Assistant
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter – being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
·Carry out lab textile testing to British & International Standards and other in-house tests, on a multitude of high-performance materials and trims for apparel, footwear and equipment in order to provide an accurate indication of their performance and quality level.
·Maintain testing database, with all results archived and tracked to enable accurate comparisons and assessments during the development, manufacturing and lifecycle of our products. Communicate performance issues to all relevant parties.
·Liaise with external testing organisations where necessary to obtain independent testing data and to gain relevant information on new testing procedures.
·To ensure compliance of bulk production fabrics and components, through random testing using both the Berghaus lab and local independent test houses.
·Assist in all projects where laboratory input is required.
·Support the materials team for specific materials selection and provide technical advice to ensure appropriate materials are developed.
·Maintain visual standards archive and approved fabric library records
·Inputting materials technical information and CR certificates only PLM system
·Request and assess material lab dips
·Collate dip tracker and pass recorded KPI information to Materials and Quality Managers
·Maintain close relationships with Materials, Design, Product and Development Teams ensuring clear communication is maintained on all aspects of development.
Needs to have
· Minimum GSCE English & Maths grade C or above, GSCE & A Levels in Textiles or Science. Currently completing a degree or equivalent qualification in a textile or science related subject is a plus
· Good communication and networking skills.
· A desire to work collaboratively across the Business
· A strong understanding and empathy with the end user.
· Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task with strong attention to detail
· Good technical knowledge of fabrics and trims, laboratory knowledge is beneficial
· A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate complex / controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
· Able to identify, work with & influence key stakeholders.
· Passionate about our products, Development and Product Assurance and company success.
To apply, and for more information, please follow this link: https://pentlandbrands.com/jobs/product-assurance-assistant/