Product Manager – Ref 11809 AA
Our client is one of the UK’s leading body armour & tactical equipment/clothing manufacturers based in Yorkshire.
As a successful and growing business, they are recruiting for an experienced Product Manager to implement and drive forward a dedicated new product division. With the resources of owned manufacturing you will be expected to clearly define product vision, putting in place a strategy to own the complete product lifecycle, and process.
Product Manager – The Job Description
- To clearly define and own product vision – producing for the business a detailed road map for the next 2-3years min.
- Analyse competitive market offering and intelligence to identify opportunities and a strategy against competition products coming to launch. Provide ongoing market research/insight on key differentiators to stakeholders.
- Create detailed specifications of all products to ensure commercially viable and compliant to regulations.
- Create and implement critical path process from concept and development, production to launch date and availability. Provide clear direction and ways of working, ensuring the conformance & specification of products are met and maintained.
- Complete commercial feasibility on products, this includes market research and supply
- Drive action with all internal stakeholders and external, to achieve the critical path deadlines
- Continually driving the quality, delivery & performance of the product, engineering garments to produce the most efficient way of manufacturer for cost & quality.
- To assist the factory on technical queries that require clarification in relation to the product being manufactured.
- Ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Plan and carry out product launches ; write product specifications for marketing collateral
- Manage product cost, profitability and commercial success – own the business case
- Manage and action wearer trials, monitor continuity and review performance, and analyse and action product and customer feedback
Product Manager – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within a similar Product Manager role within apparel is essential (min.3-5years) with accountability for full product lifecycle.
- Experience within workwear, performance led/outdoor or specialist PPE apparel is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of fabrics, materials and componentry, and also sources of supply.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Indepth understanding of sampling & manufacturing procedures, factory sourcing and critical path management.
- Previous experience of implementing process and new procedure/ways of working to achieve business goals
- Strong analytical skills.
- Positive, results driven work approach. A dynamic ‘hands on’, anything is possible, problem solving ability. A team player!
Product Manager – The Company
The company is planning new offices and industrial space which will feature a gym, games room and showroom.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 11809 AA.