By Asim Kumar Roy Choudhury
This book focuses on flame retardants (FR) for textile materials. It discusses basics of flame retardancy and flammability and covers various types of flame retardants and materials, including natural FRs, halogen, phosphorous, and nanomaterial-based FRs. This book also discusses methods of applications of FRs and discusses FRs and the environment.
- Covers a variety of interdisciplinary applications in the textile industry
- Emphasizes environmental aspects
- Reports on a large number of FR compounds studied globally
- Discusses in detail recent developments in halogen-free eco-friendly flame retardants
- Extensively describes basic aspects of flame retardancy and their measurements
Aimed at the practitioner and textile engineering professional this work aims to ensure development of safe textile materials for various uses, including apparel, protective wear, floor coverings, upholstery, drapery, and others.
Format: Hardback ISBN: 9780367145569 Published: 2020